I found myself surprisingly reflective this Remembrance Sunday. I was grateful of what I have because for so many young people. War has changed their lives. They live without a parent for months on end sometimes over Christmas or a Birthday. Then in the worst case they may have had to grow up without their Mum or Dad. They are my inspiration because to grow up without your parents from a young age must be daunting and scary all in one with what young people have to adjust too without it., I thought I am so grateful for my family the fact that we celebrate everyone's birthday with a family meal and spend Christmas together.
Then I thought it is great to be grateful, thankful and inspired. Then there is the fact that so many servicemen and servicewomen come home expecting their life to go back to way it was, but it doesn't. It is not just the fact that these soldiers only get paid £20,000 - £40,000 dependent on the rank with the majority being £20,000. They protect countries and young people from dangerous situations. They have to then come back to reality unable to work. It is great that we have the Invictus Games but can every solider afford to be a part of this phenomena.
Let celebrate these amazing individuals who are or have protected their country and fought in their country's name. I shall never forget how fortunate I am.
Happy Remembrance Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment