Valentines Day - the day of love. The day when 'we tell each other that we love each other. Businesses design it to be the holiday about partners, boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands and wives, but I think it is not just for this small demographic but for everybody. I know I sound like a cynical single but I promise you I am not. I know my prince, my best friend is still out there and we are waiting for each other. This does not mean I am not loved. I am loved by family and close friends and that's all that matters to me alongside my love for myself. I am loved will be by those important. Why does it take this holiday for people to say I love you in an affectionate public manner? I don't need a holiday to tell my loved ones I love them especially when I don't know what each day will bring.
So on this Valentines Day start the continuous wave of love.
On that note Happy Valentines Day to all those who are near and dear to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment